Ryan and I are facing some really tough decisions regarding medical treatments for Sylas and we need prayer! Last week, I took Sy to see a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor and walked away in a bit of a shock, as he was proposing more aggressive treatments than I had been expecting. Since then, Sylas has seen two different physical therapists, and both of them respectfully disagree with this doctor's treatment plan.
Before becoming a mother, I thought my hardest decision would be whether or not to feed my baby homemade or store bought baby food. While we parents make very important decisions every day, I never expected the consequences of the decisions Ryan and I have made and continue to make to have such weighty outcomes. We need so much wisdom from the Lord!
I'm going to call the physical med doctor today to revisit his reasons for the treatment plan he's prescribed and Ryan and I are also hoping to find another doc with whom we can get a second opinion. Hopefully things will start to look clearer soon.